Sunday 27 November 2011

Starting off the Christmas Season

It's been a very busy few days for me.  I have been for an interview at a large department store in the town close by...and have a temporary job working in their coffee shop until the New Year.  It'll be tiring...that place is SO busy, but it is a job, and God has blessed me with it, so I will endure!  :)  Tomorrow I also have an interview for a permanent job. This one would be right up my alley, to be honest.  Caring for the elderly, in their homes.  So, pray for me, and I'll report back to you!

Other than that, life continues on quietly here.  Yesterday was Clean Sheets Day for me...I just love fresh sheets and pillowcases..and I loved how the pillows and bed looked yesterday...it was so inviting, and I slept like a baby last night!

As the title of this post indicated, the Christmas Season is beginning in this area!  My parents and I went into town yesterday, to watch the Christmas lights being turned on.  I have never seen so many people in the High Street...it was just HEAVING!!  :)  This first picture is of the Pepperpot, without the lights on, but if you look carefully, you can see Peppa Pig looking out of the window. 
And here is the Pepperpot with the same celebrity pig, :), after the lights had been turned on.  Of course, the Pepperpot is not the only building with lights.  The lovely icicle lights stretch all the way down the High Street, with little trees dotted here and there, and then also down Church Street, all the way down to the Parish Church.  It's just beautiful.
The Mayor and the Parish Vicar also turned out for the occasion, and once the lights went on, they led us, with the town band, and the Church choir in some carol singing.  Oh...and before the lights, there was a Christmas crafts and gifts fayre.  I actually bought two very lovely little rings... very cheaply...but oh, so pretty!  Maybe my Christmas gift to myself, just a little early?

:)x

No comments:

Post a Comment