Monday 14 November 2011

Mystery Monday (2)

So, here's the cross stitch project update photo for you!  One of my friends on Facebook knows EXACTLY what this is going to be now!  :)  Can you guys tell yet?  I'm not a fast stitcher by any means, but I do enjoy what I do.  And I do like to do as good a job with it as I can, so taking my time isn't a big issue for me.  :)
I've never had a workbasket/sewing box.  Not a real, grown up lady one!  In fact, until yesterday, I was carrying my cross stitch around in a small freezer bag.  That's so sad, isn't it?  Anyway, my mother took pity on me!  She has had this lovely sewing box for years now, but hasn't been using it...so guess who was given this lovely gift?  Yes, me!!  I adore this sewing box.  Just love it!  :) 
...The first drawer down is where I am keeping all the little kits I have to do...note that I said "little kits"!!  My large ones are being shipped over....  I'm also keeping the current piece I'm working on in here
At the bottom there are two separate drawers, where I'm keeping odd threads, scissors, and a small piece my mother stitched, but it still needs to be mounted....
And just look how the top opens up..... I love this sooooo much!  I told my Mum yesterday that it felt as though I was having Christmas a little bit too early! 
Does having a really swish sewing box now make me a legitimate stitcher?  Naaaaaaa... anyone who stitches, whether his or her work is kept in a nice box or in a freezer bag, is a stitcher. 
But it's really a wonderful treat to have something so lovely in my possession!!
:) x

1 comment:

  1. Thought I would come over to visit! That is a lovely sewing box. I don't know if you have heard of them or not, but my hubby and I have a sewing table. Yep, it is an end table with a lid and women once kept their mending and sewing things in them. Anyway, I enjoyed the visit.

    ReplyDelete