Saturday 19 November 2011

Communication in the kitchen? :)

I joined the ranks of cell phone owners!  I wanted to have my own phone number again, so on Friday when I was in Guildford, I went into the phone shop to get a contract phone.  Except that I couldn't get one, because at this time I have no credit rating in this country.  Yet another drawback of having been abroad for so many years.  But there's always a way around a problem...this time the answer was to get a Pay As You Go Phone.  And here it is.  Now, I just have to get my number known, and people might call me!  :)  I had a cell phone in the USA.  It began reluctantly, mainly because I felt safer if I had to be out late at night in the car, you know?  And then I ended up getting rid of my landline...and so, it seemed very odd for me to be phoneless when I first got here.  It's a nice little gadget. 
While I was in the kitchen, I was on the phone with a friend of mine... he called on the regular phone... it was so nice to talk to him.  Way back when, we had dated for a while, and although that didn't work out, I ended up  introducing him to one of my friends, and to cut a long story short, my dear friends have been married now for over 20 years.  :)
I was in the kitchen for a good few hours today... tomorrow my brother, sister in law and their children are coming up to visit.  So I made more of those scrummy peanut butter cookies, and also some of these rather nice chocolate chip cookies.  This is only a part of the batch!  And the recipe will be posted for you too.  I do love to bake!!  And it's so wonderful to know that what you make is enjoyed by everyone!  :)  That was one thing my friend said to me when we were chatting... well, I said I had to put the phone down for a couple of seconds, just to get the cookies out before they burned....  and he said that just for that particular sentence, I sounded VERY AMERICAN!!!  His emphasis...not mine!  :)  Oh well... really doesn't matter how you sound when you cook, as long as you end up with a good result, and remember to clean up after yourself, huh?
:)x

No comments:

Post a Comment