Saturday 12 November 2011

Super Saturday!

Don't you just love Saturdays, when the alarm doesn't have to be set, and you don't have to be anywhere at any set time?  I do.  Of course, I was up and about before the time on the clock, but I truly didn't wake today until about 10 am.  And then, as I laid blankly gazing at the clock, I found myself watching the second hand go around and around, ticking away a few more minutes of my life.  And it struck me that so many of us just go through life in a bit of a daze..a stupor... and before we know it, we're on our deathbeds, with more regrets than we wanted, and a life of wasted moments behind us.  Very deep thoughts, I know.  But it did spur me on to make the most of my day!  I wrote a list of the things I wanted to get done...not all of the list is accomplished, but a fair deal of it is.  We just need to do what we can with what time we have, for sure.

This afternoon, with that in mind, and knowing that the winter will get colder, and walks will not always be possible, I went for a ramble with my mother.  Took the camera along, so you could all walk with us.  This is the pathway we took...  beautifully quiet in this spot on Witley Common.  We saw a few people walking their dogs..but most of the time we were alone. 
I just loved the gorse.  It's a prickly plant, for sure...but such a pleasant splash of colour when the leaves are all dying, and the year is drawing to a close.
At the top of the hill, there is a little seat, where we sat for a while to just enjoy the peacefulness.  As we sat there, these three riders and their wonderful, beautiful, HUGE horses came cantering up the hill, and past us.  When they got to us, they slowed to a trot, and we all said Hello, Good Afternoon, as normal as you like!  In all the time I spent in the USA, I was never just out walking, and seeing horses and their riders like this.  Another lovely English thing.  :)
After the horses went by, I aimed my camera out from our seat, through another gorse bush... I think this picture is just lovely.  Some parts are in focus...some aren't.  I'm pleased with it...and feel quite artistic!  :)
The other splashes of colour today were from the abundance of red toadstools we saw!  Pretty things, but poisonous!  Don't mess with red ones!!  :)
I hope your Saturday has been full.  And happy. 
:)x

No comments:

Post a Comment