Tuesday 8 November 2011

Tuesday in the Tool Shed

Remember those acorns I went out to gather yesterday?  Well, today they started their journey towards becoming Christmas tree garlands!  Of course, the fact that acorns and drills are mentioned in the same sentence is enough to scare any DIY enthusiast! 
This picture is of the acorns, of course, freshly washed, and drying out on a tray in the kitchen. 
And this drill, is what I ended up playing with!  Haven't ever commandered my father's drill before...he was certainly a little worried!
Pop each acorn into the vice - holder thingamabob on the workbench...not too tight, else it'd explode!  :)
And pow...drill a nice little hole through the poor nut! 
And this last picture for today is just showing how each acorn might look once painted with either silver or gold metallic spray paint, or a bright red paint...   of course, this particular paint job was just a tester...and I'll be sure to keep adding photos as this project progresses. 
For now, though, I admit to looking forward to a quiet evening, and to picking up my stitching.  I'm feeling just a little discomfort abdominally...slightly disconcerting, because I've had surgery recently.  But rest will fix the problem, I'm sure.
See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment