Sunday 13 November 2011

A Simply Wonderful Sunday

We, my parents and I, had planned to go to a car boot sale this morning.  However, whether it's because it's (after all is said and done) November, or whether it was because it was Remembrance Sunday, there was no sale to go to.  But the day was just wonderful, nonetheless.
We ended up going to Frensham Big Pond.  A beautiful day...mild weather, with sun on the water.  My lovely Dad can't make it around the pond anymore, since he had a mild stroke earlier this year.  But he was content to sit for a while, while Mum and I walked.  I'm turning into a photographic freak, I think.  There was a grand total of 40 pictures taken by me, during the space of one hours' walk!  :)  I won't be sharing all of them with you, so don't worry!  Here's just a small sampling though. :)



Can there be any doubt as to what message the duck was trying to send me?  LOL  Beautiful picture of his bum, huh?  :)

And our walk was finished by having a cup of tea, and a bacon roll at the refreshment stand, and then by having a browse around the garden centre, just a short distance from the pond.

Lovely.

Mum, Dad and I are even planning a camping trip when the weather is warm enough again next year.  We all love camping.  But since the stroke, my Mum hadn't been able to put the tent up on her own - Dad wasn't able to help.  And it's been one of their sadnesses.  Now I'm around though, and will be able to help get the tent pitched, and do some of the heavier work...so this plan seems like it's a go at the moment!  I'm really happy about it, and looking forward to the prospect!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment