Thursday 10 November 2011

Thursday At The Market

It's been years since I have been to a good old fashioned market.  Just years.  Before I left to live in the States, there was a market at Slyfield, on a Wednesday.  That is now a thing of the past.  But, there is still a market in Godalming on Friday, and also there is this market in Cranleigh on Thursdays.  I loved it.  Not a large market, by any standards, but there was the fish stand, meat stand, a fella selling Indian food, yarn, greeting cards, you name it.  I took these photos while sitting having a soda and a hotdog.  :)

I love flowers, shrubs and so on.  If I had my own garden to buy for right now, I know I would have come home today with something living!  There's nothing like getting dirt under your fingernails!
A closer view of the fish stand.  I'm sure people may have been wondering what this strange woman with the slight American "twang" was doing with her camera!!  Oh, the smells were just lovely!! 
Turn around and look in the other direction, and this is what we saw.  Looks like quite the social gathering, don't you think?  :)


See you tomorrow!  :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment