Sunday 6 November 2011

Sunday's Scribbles

Well, here goes very little!  I won't say "Nothing", because every life is "Something".  But, for sure, I don't have any great ideas of becoming one of the world's best blogging personalities.  Although wouldn't it be lovely to have a few people reading the silliness I write? 

I expect you've realized that my real name is not Madge, but I will tell you that the first letter of my name is 'M'.  Yes, I do live near to Godalming, in Surrey, England.  And yes, I was truthful when I said I'm middle aged.  And yes, I have been making some MAJOR changes in my life.

The biggest change is this:  I have moved back to my home country after having spent 20 years in the United States.  I had lived between Allentown and Reading, in Pennsylvania.  It wasn't that everything was bad and horrid over there, you have to understand.  A lot of my reasons for coming home are family - my parents are both still living, and I do want to spend time with them before the inevitable happens. 

Health is also an issue..asthma, and three large abdominal surgeries in the past 18 months were a contributing factor to my move.  I am starting to feel hugely better now, but I am quite aware that my stamina and energy has to be rebuilt, so every day I've been trying to take at least a short walk.

When I arrived home last Monday, I found some gifts waiting for me here...this little plant was the first.  I've named him James Jade.  I do love houseplants.  It nearly broke my heart to leave my garden, and plants to be honest.  So to know I've started again is A Good Thing.  As Martha Stewart would say in the USA.


This little fella is another of the gifts waiting for me....I named him Guy, in honour of Guy Fawkes, of course.  Such a cute teddy....and of course a girl, of any age, can never have too many teddies.....
And another plant...this one I have named Wendy.  She is a Wandering Jew.  Right now, because of course, I do not have my own home yet, and am staying with my parents in Witley, they are living on the window sill in the kitchen, enjoying the November daylight during the light hours...and being spoken to by me, when I am out there washing dishes, doing laundry, or making tea...or food...or whatever!
Flowers.  Another beautiful thing that any girl cannot have enough of.  Quite frankly, I was spoiled with flowers, plants and teddies when I arrived.  Even when I left the USA I was showered with cards, and flowers and gifts...I shall have to show pictures of those flowers perhaps.
This afternoon I just felt fidgety.  I love my parents dearly, but I really cannot just sit around like them.  Obviously, this is because they are that much older than I am.  But still...  it's probably a good job that I don't plan to live with them long term.  I'm only 49 ....don't want to start acting like I'm 79 though!  :)

Anyway, this is what happens when I get fidgety.  :)  Peanut butter cookies.  Easy recipe....beautifully tasty.  Not recommended for anyone who is trying to lose weight!  Or diabetics!  My Dad is a diabetic..my sister is trying to lose weight...between them they have eaten an awful lot of cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment