Tuesday 6 March 2012

Unexpected Visit to an Art Gallery!

So, while I've enjoyed my current job quite a lot, there's been some things I've also just NOT liked about it.  Firstly, as it says in my little bio thing, I don't like the amount of driving I have to do. Secondly, I don't enjoy the long long hours (we've been talking 7 am to 10 pm some days).  And thirdly, I really needed a job which paid just a bit more.Not that I'm trying to be a money grabber, but, well, you know, a girl's gotta live!  And yes, I'm quite aware that anyone in the caring professions are usually pitifully paid!  :) 

However, I have had the opportunity to meet some fascinating people.  One of them kept telling me how she was a sculptor.  Finally, I managed to wander around her garden the other day...she was my last stop, and the weather was nice...so I went to have a look at her work.

Amazing.  The garden was..well, is...laid out in such a way as it just leads you on into little bowers almost and suddenly you are looking at a sculpture. She has most certainly been blessed with a gift! I just loved this one. Told her I had considered picking up one of the geese, and kidnapping it away in my kit bag - never seen someone laugh so hard at me.  Thought she would suffocate!
And this one of the children was in another little corner.  I wonder if she used her own children as the "models"? At least for the faces?

Really, there is a great abundance of art and artists in Surrey. And you just never know when you're going to come face to face with either one! Just have to keep your eyes open, I guess, in some people's back gardens!

Oh, and by the way, the job thing... yes, got a new one! I've yet to be given my 100% certain start date, but it should be sometime next month.  Same type of work, but just a little more civilized in hours and location, and of course the money!

:)x

No comments:

Post a Comment